Your landlord is responsible for keeping your home in a safe and habitable condition, but is not responsible for cosmetic improvements or upgrades.
- Maintaining working plumbing and electricity
- Functional and secure windows and doors
- Functional appliances and heating
- Sanitary and safe conditions in the building and grounds
This does not include:
- Cosmetic repairs
- Issues caused by renter or guest misuse
- Upgrades or improvements not required by law
- Standard replacements or minor repairs, such as burnt out light bulbs or patching a small hole
Repairs that are cosmetic or caused by misuse are the responsibility of the renter, and you may be responsible for covering the cost of the replacement or repair.
Make sure to get permission from your landlord before you make any changes or modifications to your home!