To receive your full security deposit return at move-out, you'll want to leave the property in a similar condition to how you received it, with the exception of normal wear and tear.
Tips for leaving the property in great shape
- Deep clean the home, both renter space and guest space
- Sweep and mop all floors
- Wipe all surfaces, cabinets, and walls
- Thoroughly clean all appliances, inside and out
- Remove all personal belongings in the home
- Dispose of all garbage
- Tidy the guest space as if you were preparing it for a new guest
- Ensure landscaping is maintained
Standard deduction costs
Deductions for cleaning or repairs are based on your standard service + labor and administrative charge.
All deduction amounts listed below are estimates and may vary depending on the property size, condition, work required, and local estimates.
- Move-out clean, full property: $550, average 1500 square feet
- Move-out clean, partial home/minimum: $250
- Junk removal, minor: $200, 1/4 truckload minimum
- Junk removal, significant: $650, 1 full truckload
- Lock rekey: $350, if all original keys are not turned in
- Garage door opener replacement: $100
- Mail key replacement: $100
- Full paint: $600 per room, average 10x10
- Touch up paint: $100 per room
- Landscaping, small yard: $250
- Landscaping, large yard: $650
Other home repairs are assessed individually and will include a $50 service charge added for administrative coordination.