A clean space is essential for a comfortable and enjoyable stay! You wouldn't want to have an untidy overnight experience - make sure your guests don't, either.
We’ve narrowed down our recommended cleaning to-do list so it’s as easy and efficient as possible. If you decide to hire a cleaner, this is a great resource for providing guidance for them, too.
Here is our cleaning run-down after a guest checks-out, and takes under one hour.
- Remove used linens, and toss in your washer on the fastest setting. Launder sheets, pillowcases, duvet or comforter cover, towels, and bath mat.
- Put out clean towels and replace bed linens while the washer runs the dirty ones. Use a lint roller as needed to pick up any stray lint, or hairs.
- Vacuum or sweep the guest room, bathroom, and common areas. Keep an eye out for dust bunnies or stray hairs!
- Move the finished, wet laundry to the dryer and run a Quick-Dry dry cycle.
- Wipe down bathroom surfaces, including the bathroom counter, toilet, shower, mirror, and faucet taps. Make sure that there is no hair or dust on surfaces or floors.
- Check bathroom toiletries for fullness, replace or refill anything that’s running low.
- Wipe and clear out all appliances, including the fridge, microwave, and coffee maker. Make sure that no old food was left behind, and empty coffee grounds too.
- Empty all trash cans.
- Take the dry sheets and towels out of the dryer, fold and place them in the closet.
Once a month, we recommend a deep cleaning of your guest space. Given you’re doing the above between guests the monthly “deep clean” should be super easy.
Note: A great tip is to leave cleaning supplies in the space, so your guests can take care of spills and accidental messes!