Your safety always comes first - Loftium never expects you to host guests who are not following host policies.
If your guest has few reviews or hasn't given you many details of their visit, start with screening questions tips and tricks.
If you find that a guest is breaking your house rules, or has made you feel unsafe through their actions, you can decline their reservation request or cancel the reservation.
Flagging inappropriate messages
Messages can be flagged through the Airbnb app. To flag a message, open the message thread and click the flag icon next to the message you want to flag to Airbnb for review.
Through Loftium Stays
It's important to let the Loftium team know if you receive a message from a guest that is inappropriate or makes you uncomfortable. Please reach out to our team to provide details, and we may ask for further details (like screenshots of emails/texts)
Loftium's Cancellation Policy
If you're uncomfortable hosting a guest, we've got your back.
Loftium hosts may cancel up to three bookings per calendar year, for legitimate and lawful reasons. For example:
- The guest has several unfavorable reviews that concern the host
- The guest hasn’t responded to questions the host needs to know about their trip
- The guest makes it clear they’ll likely break one of the host’s house rules, like bringing a pet or smoking
Cancelling Airbnb guest reservations may result in your listing being penalized. Be sure when you cancel on a guest that it is in accordance with Loftium's Cancellation Policy and Airbnb's Nondiscrimination Policy
If you cancel a guest reservation without contacting Loftium and Airbnb (when necessary), you will be charged the full rental rate for the dates of the canceled booking.
How to cancel through Airbnb
Make sure the reason you are uncomfortable complies with Airbnb's Instant Book Host Cancellation Policy. Messaging in the Airbnb app with your guest before you cancel is strongly encouraged to ensure you are in compliance when you cancel.
If the reason you are canceling complies with Airbnb's policy, you can cancel penalty-free. Call Airbnb Support to confirm before you cancel to avoid any fees or penalties.
Penalty-free cancellation means:
- No cancellation fee
- No automated cancellation review
- No permanently blocked dates
To cancel a reservation:
- Go to Reservations
- Find the reservation you need to cancel
- Click the three dots menu "..." and select Change or cancel to start the cancellation process
- Select I'm uncomfortable with the reservation or the guest has broken my house rules
If you need to contact Airbnb support to cancel:
- Tell them you are "uncomfortable with an upcoming reservation, you are an Instant Book host, and you would like to cancel penalty-free." This language is very important to ensure you are not penalized.
- If you do not contact support first, and you cancel through the app, it's still important to include the cancellation language in bold, above.
Heads up! Canceling a guest's reservation has serious implications on their trip, so penalties are applied unless there is an extenuating circumstance. Loftium does not cover the cost of added penalties.
How to cancel for a Loftium Stays guest
Reach out to Loftium directly, and include the following information:
- Guest information, including name and dates of stay
- Description of the situation
- Additional documentation (screenshots of conversations, additional emails) of broken rules or unsafe behavior
Heads up! Canceling a guest's reservation has serious implications on their trip, so unapproved host cancellations will be assessed an additional $100 cancellation fee.