If a guest causes damage to the Loftium provided furniture or linens, or to the home space, here's how to handle the situation:
About damage claims
- Damage claims need to be filed within 14 days of your guest’s checkout date, or before your next guest checks in, whichever is earlier.
- Evidence of damage, photos, receipts, and invoices are typically required.
- Loftium is not responsible for covering the cost of denied claims due to lack of evidence or incomplete information.
Information for Airbnb claims
Airbnb's Resolution Center is where damage claims are filed. To file a claim, Airbnb requires an itemized list and cost for each incident or damaged item.
You may be able to submit this through Airbnb's Resolution Center, or in some cases, Loftium will submit on your behalf once you've completed our damage claim form.
Note: For urgent or serious damage requests, call Airbnb right away to begin the Resolution Center claim process.
Information for Loftium Stays
Complete the damage claim form and we'll follow up with next steps directly.
Information for Vrbo claims
Vrbo's damage claim process is linked here. Complete Loftium's damage claim form and we'll pass along to Vrbo on your behalf.
Required damage claim information
It's important to be as detailed as possible in your submission, as that gives your claim the best chance of approval. We encourage hosts to be mindful of their language, as these details will also be shared to the guest.
For each claim
- Guest name, dates of their reservation, their hosting platform, and if accessible, their reservation confirmation code
- Description of what happened
- What type of damage occurred?
- When did the damage occur?
For each item
- Item name/description
- What happened to the item?
- What was the age of the item?
- Estimated amount
- How did you determine the amount?
- Evidence of damage, receipts, or invoices
Important: Loftium requires an individually itemized list in order to process your damage claim. Incomplete claim requests may not be eligible for reimbursement.