All hosts are required to do the following on Airbnb:
- Be responsive: Maintain a high response rate by replying to booking inquiries and reservation requests within 24 hours.
- Accept reservation requests: Make guests feel welcome by accepting requests whenever you’re available.
- Avoid cancellations: We take cancellations seriously and ask all hosts to avoid cancelling on guests–their travel plans depend on it.
- Maintain a high overall rating: Guests like to know they can expect a consistent level of quality, no matter where they book.
- Provide essential amenities: This includes toilet paper, hand and body soap, towels, linens, and pillows.
Note that listings that consistently fall below the average may be subject to penalties.