Having a reliable, affordable cleaner is essential for any host who’s busy, at work or out of town, or just prefers to hire a pro! Here are a few things to consider if you're thinking about outsourcing cleaning responsibilities.
Pros of hiring a cleaner
- Outsourcing cleaning means you have one less thing to plan in your schedule! If your day-to-day is busy as it is, hiring a cleaner can go a long way to helping you save time in your routines.
- Your listing rating depends on cleanliness - this is one of the most important qualities in a guest's stay, hands down. Professional cleaners are meticulous, and a professional cleaning job will please your guests time and time again.
- Focus on your guest experience, not on cleanliness. Spend time on how your guests are doing, not worrying about the small cleaning details!
- Cleaners can be cost-effective, too. They'll bring all their own cleaning supplies and tools. Score! You don't need to purchase these on your own.
Pros of cleaning yourself
- You know your space best. You'll know what areas may be problem spots and need extra attention, and can quickly identify if something is missing or maybe out of place.
- More money in your pocket! Buying cleaning products in bulk, and getting gently used cleaning tools (like a quality vacuum!) can last you for a long time.
- Keep it to your standard! You have complete control over your space. Cleaning on your own means that you can ensure it meets your quality standard of cleaning and that nothing is out of place.