Please make sure to read Airbnb's full guidelines, linked here, for the most up to date information on cleaning.
Protecting yourself, your family, and your guests from COVID-19 is a top priority, and maintaining a clean and disinfected space protects you and your guests.
Follow Airbnb's guidelines for cleaning to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- Ventilate rooms before you clean.
- Wash your hands thoroughly before and after each cleaning.
- Clean, then disinfect. Once the surface is clean, spray with a disinfectant.
- Use the right disinfectant. Most common disinfectants are believed to be effective against the coronavirus, as well as cleaning solutions with diluted household bleach or that are at least 70% alcohol.
- Don’t forget about sofas, rugs, drapes, and other soft, porous surfaces. This is in addition to frequently touched surfaces, like light switches, doorknobs, remote controls, and faucet handles. Don't forget your entry keypad, or door key.
- Wear disposable gloves and a mask while you clean.
- Don’t reuse microfiber cloths, mops, and sponges when cleaning your space for a new guest.
- Wash all linens at the highest heat setting recommended by the manufacturer.
- Clean and disinfect laundry baskets and hampers.
- Empty the vacuum cleaner after every cleaning.
- While restocking your supplies, take a moment to check expiration dates, and remember to never mix household bleach with ammonia or any other cleaning solution that can release toxic gases that are dangerous to inhale.
- Request that guests strip bedding and towels prior to their departure to limit your contact with used linens. If your guests have access to the laundry room, you can request that they put used linens (without starting the cycle) in the washing machine prior to check out.
- Encourage guests to gather and dispose of their own trash prior to their departure. This will encourage less contact and an easier cleaning process. You can set this up through your auto-messages, to make it seamless every time!
Make sure to read Airbnb's Guidelines (linked here) for full details.
Please let Loftium know right away if you suspect a guest with COVID-19 has been in your guest space.
- If a person suspected or confirmed to have COVID-19 has been in an overnight space, the CDC recommends waiting up to 24 hours before beginning cleaning and disinfection.
- We can work with you to manage your calendar to ensure safe cleaning.